Hi all! I apologise in advance if this post is a bit jumbled or if there are misspellings or fragmented thoughts... I'm a bit loopy on Lortab still. :o)
My knee surgery went well. Here is some background info for those who don't know the whole story. When I was 17, I was competing on a Junior Olympic Level in the sport of Luge. WAY fun, but also a bit dangerous. Anyway, I had a really bad crash in December of '97. As a result, I had a 3 hour surgery to put my MCL back into place and part of my hamstring was grafted to replace my ACL. 4 months of physical therapy and homeschooling later, I learned how to walk again and was a o k. Well, a year ago, I was showing Max (he was 2 at the time) a fun way to make the bed. I was holding on to the sheets and flew across the bed and landed funny on my knee. I heard a pop and was pretty worried for the next couple of days. My knee got so swollen so I went to the doc and just asked that they drain the fluid (this had happened before and was no big deal). So, I went in and they did some x-rays. They said I needed to have surgery to fix a bunch of damage I had done. The problem was that Chris and I were working on "making" Cameron, so I wasn't sure if I was prego or not. Turns out I was, so surgery was pushed out until now. SO, I went in a couple of weeks ago to see if I had done any more damage from being prego and what not. Nope, ship shape. :o) But they did tell me that the tunnels they had previous drilled had "widened". It's something that happens and it's not a good thing but it's not necessarily a bad thing unless you have to have a follow up surgery like me. So, the surgery that I had on Oct 9th was to fill my "widened" tunnels. They took some bone from a cadaver and plugged them up all nicely. Once the bone fuses with mine, then I have to have a REAL surgery to replace my ACL which I have torn and is now "blowing in the wind" (which is what my doc said).
The surgery went well. It took an hour and I think I'm still recovering. I'm sleeping A LOT and not really able to do much. I don't have a brace and I don't have to use crutches. I'm starting to walk, sort of, and I'm a little mobile. The hard part is that I'm taking heavy pain pills, so I'm a bit loopy and in and out of reality. I will say that Chris has been FANTASTIC! I knew he would be but seriously? He's amazing! He's been keeping our house spotless and our children super happy. I think he's ready to go back to work and resume his "normal" life, but I don't know how I'll do. Monday will be a real learning experience. So, sorry, in advance, if I call you up because I need help doing something stupid. Also, sorry this is really long... congrats if you made it this far in the post. I'll also apologize again because I'm still kindof loopy and it's actually taken me a long time to type this much....
Sooooooooo.... I'll post more later. I'm getting really tired.
Peace.
Holla!
-
Have you been missing my creations? I've been making a lot more digital
art than paper art and cards.
What do you think?
Here's a small (seriously) sampl...





3 comments:
Oh my goodness, you must be exhausted! Hope your recovery is speedy and that you are back to yourself in time to have to do surgery all over again. (Poor girl!) Can't imagine. It's enough to deal with all alone, but piling two kids on top of it... it's amazing what moms can do!
I hope you are doing OK. I'm just around the corner and would love to help out if you need anything. My cell # is 885-5957. I love how you said you were "working on making Cameron". :)
I'm glad to hear it went well and sorry to hear you had to deal with that. Love from us! :)
Post a Comment